Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A treat

The last few weeks have been full of fun and travel.  But instead of talking about my adventures, I want to tell you all that I got to eat a Primo's donut for breakfast.


A picture with James - to record the historic moment.  A real donut in Nigeria.

Primo's, if you've never been, is the best donut shop in Los Angeles.  Mr. and Mrs. Primo have been running the place since 1956.  The coffee is no good, but the donuts are light, fresh and cakey.  So James and I spend most Saturday mornings sitting in front of Primo's with coffee from home (for James) and a carton of milk (for me), eating our cinnamon/chocolate/buttermilk donuts.  Sometimes Mr. Primo comes outside and tells us about back when the neighborhood was covered in celery fields and the opening scene of "The Grapes of Wrath" was filmed on the dirt road that is now National Blvd.

Thanks for bringing me a taste of home, James!  

(PS.  Since I should be writing about Nigeria: there are donuts here, too.  They are a lot heavier and a lot less sweet than the American variety.  Also, they are called 'puff puff,' which is extremely fun to say.)


No comments:

Post a Comment