Monday, December 14, 2009

A Perfect Dinner








 

 

Imagine my cry of joy when I found a forgotten can of pumpkin in the back of my pantry this week.  I made this for dinner tonight, and I'm pretty sure I was close to heaven.  It's the first truly cold week here this winter, making me recall why heavy creams and pork products are staples of a Dutch kitchen.  The hardest ingredient to find on the list was black beans, which wasn't difficult at all to track down; my local Moroccan market always has bags in stock.  Little cubes of pork and a dollop of sour cream...it just fills you up and makes you feel all happy on a cold, dark, winter night.  Excuse me now while I go fall into a food induced coma on my couch.
Also, I promise this will be my last mention of pumpkin this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment