Monday, December 19, 2011

I just got Baked!

My parents are flying in at the end of the week, but they sent a box of gifts ahead in the mail.  The problem with a reading family is that most people ask for books as presents, and those tend to set suitcases over their weight restrictions rather quickly.  None of the books were wrapped yet, and I saw that one of the cookbooks I requested was in the box:  Baked New Frontiers in Baking.  OMG (am I allowed to write that?  Maybe I should also write that I luv it and think it's gr8).  So excited to try out some new recipes--after this coming Thursday's Christmas cookie extravaganza, of course.
Until I'm ready for a kitchen post, here is a picture of le bebe after our walk today.  I've been afraid to walk with her in the wrap, but our strolls have been cut to a minimum due to a certain miss cranky pants not loving extended periods in the stroller.  Luckily, my friend sent her a slightly too large pair of fleece pants.  Perfect as an outer layer during our chilly jaunts outdoors.
Bring on the cold, North Sea.  My baby's ready for it.

2 comments:

  1. LMFAO! (Not really; it just seemed the right thing to say)

    I'm supposed to be impervious to cute, but that baby sweater is adorable.

    I hadn't heard of that book. Just clicked the link; I'll add it to my possible-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,
    I love the sweater, too. I'll be so sad when she outgrows it. Time to dust off the knitting needles and make a bigger one.

    I'm excited to try a few of the recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm trying to keep from reading the whole thing before I wrap it and put it under the tree!

    ReplyDelete